Thursday, November 02, 2006

Throwback Thursday: Beastie Boys


Growing up in Suburbia during the 80s and 90s, there were a lot of different types of music fighting for your attention. One group that seemed to speak to me and my situation, was Beastie Boys. I was in like 5th Grade when I first heard Liscense to Ill and man, was I hooked! Fight for Your Right booted Twisted Sister's We're Not Gonna Take It, as my official anthem. You know, because I had it so bad and all. As I grew up, other songs in the Beastie Boys catalogue started to speak to me. Girls, Hey Ladies, So What'cha Want... and the list goes on. They were in my rotation straight through college and still manage to get taken for a spin on the perfect occasions. Since today was one of those days, they are this week's throwback.

For the song selections, I decided to stay away from the super obvious. You will not find Fight For Your Right, Sabotage or Intergalactic on this list. While there are some popular songs on here, I tried to hit some of my favorites. That is why I included songs likes Pass The Mic and Get It Together.

Krush Groove Soundtrack (1985)
She's On It

Liscense To Ill (1986)
Brass Monkey
Slow and Low

Paul's Boutique (1989)
Shake Your Rump
Hey Ladies

Check Your Head (1992)
Pass The Mic
So What'cha Want

Ill Communication (1994)
Root Down
Get It Together

Hello Nasty (1998)
Remote Control
Three MC's and One DJ

Since I skipped the track and the video is awesome, a little Sabotage...



Past Throwbacks:
10/26/06: Joy Division
10/19/06: They Might Be Giants
10/12/06: The Psychedelic Furs
10/05/06: The Clash
09/28/06: The Smiths
09/21/06: A Tribe Called Quest
09/14/06: R.E.M.
09/07/06: The Cure
08/31/06: Morphine
08/24/06: The Lemonheads
08/17/06: Depeche Mode
08/10/06: New Order

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home