Thursday, August 17, 2006

Throwback Thursday: Depeche Mode *Fixed*



When most people think of Depeche Mode, they think circa 1990 with full stadiums and songs like Personal Jesus flowing out of their radio. That is great and all, but Depeche Mode was around long before their commercial success of the early 90's. When I think of Depeche Mode, I immediately think of their mid 80's releases. Albums like Some Great Reward and Black Celebration. To me, those are the albums that are still an enjoyable listen 20 years later. I also find it fascinating to hear the evolution of their sound from the very beginning to what everyone thinks of when they hear Depeche Mode. To be completely honest, I never really cared all that much for 90's era DM. It seemed like it was more about the production and less about the music. So for this week's Thursday Throwback, I am going with pre-Violator Depeche Mode. I am also going to include some of their real early stuff, to show the complete metamorphosis. You can purchase any of their albums here. Enjoy!

*UPDATE* I listened to the songs and 2 of them were awful quality. I fixed them and uploaded them again. They now have a fixed by their name and sound a lot better. Let me know if anything else needs corrected.

Speak & Spell (1981)
Just Can't Get Enough

A Broken Frame (1982)
See You

Construction Time Again (1983)
Love In Itself

Some Great Reward (1984)
Lie To Me (FIXED)
Blasphemous Rumours

Catching Up... (1985)
Somebody
Shake The Disease (FIXED)

Black Celebration (1986)
Stripped
Here Is The House

Music For The Masses (1987)
Never Let Me Down Again
Strangelove



Past Throwbacks:
08/10/06: New Order

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home