Thursday, August 10, 2006

Throwback Thursday: New Order


I like listening to new music as much as anyone, but there are some bands that are timeless. They always seem to pop up in your playlist and their music still sounds relevant years later. So I decided to devote a column on Thursdays to these artists. For no reason in particular, I decided to kick this off with New Order. I know that starting off with New Order seems a bit strange. Wouldn't it make more sense to start with Joy Division? Yeah, probably. Oh well, I may cover them in the future.

The thing that is so amazing about New Order, is that they shouldn't have existed in the first place. After tragedy struck Joy Division, they were left to pick up the pieces and continued as New Order. Think about how many bands lost their lead singer, tried to continue without them and actually produced a good record? When you figure that out, let me know. Even more amazing is that they produced numerous good records and are still around 25 years later. I could write about them all day, but who cares? Let's listen to some music. They offer some of the more popular ones here.

New Order - Ceremony
New Order - Age of Consent
New Order - Love Less

I'll even offer a bonus track.

The Arcade Fire - Age of Consent

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home