Thursday, July 26, 2007

New Music: Tereu Tereu

Credit: www.shervinfoto.com

As a music blog, we get tons of emails from bands. Every single one more or less wants the same thing, exposure. Lately, there has been a backlog and we haven't been able to put the best ones on display. No longer will you have to wait. Joe forwarded me the 100s of them that he had and I am slowly going through each of them. For now, I want to start off with one of my favorites.

Tereu Tereu are from Fredericksburg, Virginia. They have recently recorded and released an EP. One thing that I really like about their sound, is that they incorporate non-standard instruments like trumpet into their songs. That really helps set them apart from their peers. There is also a playful undercurrent to their music and I find that really refreshing. I'll post an mp3 below. If you like what you hear, you can check them out next Tuesday. They will be at Black Cat along with Paul Michel and Rocky's Revival.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home