Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Midweek Mutiny: Introduction

I know that it has been kind of quiet around here lately. While that may appear to be the case, a lot has been going on behind the scenes. One of those things is finally ready to see the light of day. I have been working quite hard on a new feature and I am going to premiere it right now.

There are a lot of bands that filter through the world of music blogs. For the most part, a band sends out a press release and some audio samples. A few people post the info on their site and other bloggers catch on. Eventually, you have a huge homogenized mess. There are 20 or so articles that basically say the same thing. In the end, we really don't know anything about the band that their press release and some light research didn't tell us. Well, I am about to change that.

I came up with this idea where I am going to turn the tables on all of us and let the bands take over my site. I'm going to let the inmates run the asylum, so to speak. This should happen every Wednesday, with a new band every week. Like any mutiny, there are no ground rules. Every band has the freedom to handle this in a way that fits their personality. They can present a new side of themselves to their fans and the on-line community. I do not give the bands any size or content limitations. They can talk about bands, movies, cartoons, video games, bloggers... anything they desire. Instead of us telling people to listen to them, the bands are going to tell us what they listen to. If we read closely, we may also learn about what makes them tick... outside of their press release. Revolutionary? Doubtful. Fresh? For sure.

If you have any questions, comments or would like to have your band participate in one of these, send me an e-mail. In the meantime, I am going to step aside and let our first band take over. You can read their posts here. Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!! Awesome!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006  
Blogger bob reich said...

This is a great friggin' idea.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great way to run with it!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home