Monday, December 15, 2008

La Strada


I used to spend a lot of time checking out bands playing the region that I have never heard of before. There is something special about finding a band through nothing but your own curiosity and that was really the backbone that this site was founded on. So I guess that one of my resolutions for the new year is to get back to doing that. Fortunately, I have decided to start early.

La Strada is 7-piece Brooklyn band that is ending the year with a little tour that includes a couple of stops in our fair region. Like many of the larger bands that seem to be permeating the scene as of late, they use vocal layering and a lot of instrumentation, including strings and accordion. Unlike many of those bands, I actually find their music to be accessible and endearing. While they may be throwing a lot at the listener, they have a great knack for never losing a sense of melody.

Their music makes me feel like I am being transported to a simpler, more romantic place and with the world that we live in today, those feelings become rarer and more special by the day.

In January, they will be releasing their self-titled debut EP and will undoubtedly be doing more touring. So this is just the beginning for this band and that is a great thing.

12/18/08: Black Cat, Washington, DC
12/20/08: The Fire, Philadelphia, PA

mp3: The Sun Song

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home