Thursday, December 11, 2008

But Is There Room in There for Bears?

Photo By Charles Kang

A friend of mine turned me onto the Devics a few years ago when I was lamenting the loss of Mark Sandman and that wonderful Morphine sound. Since that time, we've had Orchestra Morphine, Twinemen and A.K.A.C.O.D., but I never forgot about the Devics. I found their sound a bit more mournful than Mark's, but captivating nonetheless.

Devics lead singer Sara Lov has her new solo EP out now. Entitled The Young Eyes, it's much closer to Tori Amos than Morphine, but who said that was a bad thing? More importantly still, she has a couple of kick ass covers here, including Arcade Fire's "My Body Is A Cage." Yes, that's the track currently being pimped in conjunction with the new Brad Pitt movie. While it would be hard indeed to outdo the original, Lov creates a faithful cover yet still puts her own wearied, sultry stamp on things.

mp3: My Body Is a Cage (Arcade Fire Cover)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home