Monday, September 22, 2008

Sounds Like Fun


Here’s the deal. About a year ago, I got an e-mail stating that one my very favorite bands, The Format, was cordially ending their short reign. I sighed several times and listened to both of their records, Interventions & Lullabies and Dog Problems back to back, ending, again, on a long and mellow-dramatic exhale. Time passed slowly. Then, a few weeks ago, another e-mail popped up in my inbox offering news that I could never have come up with, even if given time and drawing pencils: Nate Ruess (lead singer) was not finished with music, was forming another band and he wanted everyone to know it. I am full of joy and possibility as I introduce the band, Fun, comprised of Ruess, Jack Antonoff (of Steel Train), and Andrew Dost (formerly of Anathallo). Just having former members of The Format and Anathallo in one room, near instruments, would be good enough for me. But now? Need I really say what that will be? Even better, they will be coming our way in November.

11/18/08: TLA, Philadelphia, PA
11/20/08: 9:30 Club, Washington, DC

mp3: Benson Hedges (demo)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home