Thursday, August 07, 2008

Kevine Devine Continues to Invade Brains


I’m one of those people who finds a song they love, plays it 1,000 times a day, sings it in their head instead of paying attention to whatever’s going on around them and then imagines how great it would be to see whoever sings the song, play it live in concert. Eventually I make myself sick on that song, snap back into reality, get the heck off of YouTube and travel back towards a normal, healthy life. A few months later, another song comes around and the cycle starts up again. For the past few weeks, the song has been Kevin Devine’s “Longer That I’m Out Here” from his 2003 release Make the Clocks Move. Turns out, he’s touring and my hope of fulfillment is well on its way to becoming true (squeal). The feisty, introspective Brooklyn-based lyricist comes our way in the next month in support of his new 7’’ Another Bag of Bones. Check out the video I’ve been watching, on repeat, all week, below. Then, you can enjoy a track from his Daytrotter session.

9/2/08: Ottobar, Baltimore, MD
9/3/08: The Troc, Philadelphia, PA





mp3: It's Only Your Life (Daytrotter Session)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashleigh said...

It is 10:42 a.m. and I have listened all the way through "Make the Clocks Move" twice already.

Just reiterating.

Thursday, August 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home