Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Top 10 CD's For The First Half Of 2008

I thought that it would be interesting to poll 8 of our writers to see what our collective top 10 albums would be for the first half of 2008. Considering that approximately 60 albums received at least one vote, it's fair to say that our tastes are pretty diverse. As far as the final results go, I guess you could say that I was surprised. The fact that the headliner for our Second Anniversary show in August received top honors and that four regional bands made the list, is pretty cool though. Enjoy!

10. Wye Oak

If Children (Buy) - "Family Glue"

09. The Black Angels

Directions To See A Ghost (Buy) - "Doves"

08. Thao

We Brave Bee Stings And All (Buy) - "Beat (Health, Life and Fire)"

07. Lykke Li

Youth Novels (Buy) - "Little Bit"

06. Vampire Weekend

Vampire Weekend (Buy) - "A-Punk"

05. Cut Copy

In Ghost Colours (Buy) - "Lights and Music"

04. Bell

EP (Buy) - "Brown Bear"

03. Jukebox The Ghost

Let Live and Let Ghosts (Buy) - "Hold It In"

02. The Black Keys

Attack & Release (Buy) - "Strange Times"

01. These United States

A Picture of The Three Of Us... (Buy) - "The Business"

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger CD said...

Lykke only came in 7th?!?!

Joe, i think you're going to have to fire some writers.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

My top 4 didn't even make the list! I knew my tastes were different than everyone else's, but sheesh.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008  
Blogger Joe said...

Technically, the LL album has not come out yet (in the states), so you still have some time to fire up your campaign for album of the year.

Like Chris, a lot of mine did not make the list either. I think we need to do a better job of getting albums out to everyone to hear, so that they have more of an array to pull from next time.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008  
Blogger Ashleigh said...

Who else wants to plan a bus trip to see LL? I am aware that that show is at the Black Cat. That only means the rental fees will be cheap and Joe and Mike will have to actually drive further to catch it and ride for 20 mins.. Still... think about it.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008  
Blogger Michael said...

At least three of my picks made the list. Seriously, everyone should listen to Shearwater. And I am not subjecting myself to LL anytime in the near future.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008  
Blogger Ashleigh said...

GASP.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008  
Blogger CD said...

OK, so i guess Michael is out, particularly after Ash kicks his ass in the near future.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008  
Blogger Ashleigh said...

Oh, word. I'm a lot stronger than I look.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008  
Blogger Matt said...

Is the proposed firing of writers going to be like Kramer getting fired in Seinfeld?

"I don't even work here!"

"That's what makes this so hard..."

Agreed re more common disks for everyone to hear an opine on.

Agreed that I will also not be joining the LL caravan.

Agreed that I will buy front row seats for a Ashleigh v Michael cage match.

Monday, July 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home