Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It's All About the Soda Pop


Well, the winner of the latest "Coolest Band Name of the Day" contest has been chosen, and I think we can all agree that Dream Bitches deserved the win. They almost won for "Album Title of the Day," too, with their sophomore release, Coke-And-Spiriters, but they lost out when I realized I misread the title. I liked it better when I thought it was Coke and Spriters, but what can you do?

Fronted by Yoko Kikuchi and Ann Zakaluk, Dream Bitches sound kind of like a grungier version of the Hot Toddies to my ears--two lilting female voices backed by a more rock oriented band. Tracks like "Bad Luck Bill" have the prerequisite "do do dos" to keep your head bobbing, while "Mother's Day" shows a lyrical depth unexpected on such otherwise poppy tracks.

Dream Bitches' harmonies build while the good times roll. What more could you want out of your summer pop goodness?

mp3: Bad Luck Bill
mp3: Me and The Major (Belle and Sebastian Cover)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home