Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Is That a Piccolo In Your Pocket or Are You Just Happy to See Me?


Pretty much all of us here at IA have a rather huge crush bordering on addiction for Lykke Li. And we're not ashamed to admit it. The lovely Ashleigh was delighted to learn that she's going to catch LL on an upcoming trip to Seattle. I'm debating taking my honeymoon in Sweden to potentially stalk her myself. And don't get me started on Chris and Joe. While they both are in great shape, the rest of us aren't so sure if that boxer shorts and bracers look is necessary.

So, of course, I HAD to give a listen to El Perro Del Mar, the band with whom our favorite LL currently is touring.

El Perro is fronted by the affable Sarah Assbring. While I could spend numerous sentences making grade school worthy comments about her last name, I won't. Instead, let's focus on the music, shall we? EPDM just released their second EP, From the Valley to the Stars, in the US on April 22, having been preceded by the Scandinavian release at the end of February. Assbring tends to sing in a bit of a high ranging falsetto and creates a somewhat ethereal picture with her voice. On the track "Glory to the World," she incorporates what I believe to be a piccolo (though it could be a different woodwind, I'll admit) .While I'm afraid she's no Lykke (but honestly, who is these days?), SA does make a complimentary sound to her fellow Swede and I imagine the two will be a treat to see together. Since DC gets no Swedish love, I won't be able to prove that, but you Philly cats can judge for yourself.

May 6 - Johnny Brenda's w/ Anna Ternheim

El Perro Del Mar - Glory to the World
Lykke Li - Little Bit
Anna Ternheim - To Be Gone

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ashleigh said...

I AM SO PUMPED.


PS- I will be taking T-Shirt and CD orders from all responsible people.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home