Thursday, April 10, 2008

Owl City Releases Maybe I'm Dreaming


About three months ago, after I purchased Owl City's first EP, Of June, I started a countdown. That countdown ended with the March 18th release of Maybe I'm Dreaming, the one-man-band's first full-length project. I hate burning it down to this, but the supreme synth-pop of Owl City makes me so, so, so, so happy. As it turns out, a lot of people agree with me. The band hosts an entire MySpace album full of fan-drawn logos, and YouTube houses various, carefully crafted music videos, made by listeners (to be fair, some of them are people, in their PJ's, flipping out over pumped up music).

Adam Young, on vocals, keys, and fierce programming techniques cites everything from "Audrey Hepburn movies" to "Manual car windows" to "Seattle, WA" as his inspirations. The multiple references to specific Seattle locations and weather are clear, but if Audrey Hepburn movies and manual car windows are where enticing electronic pop comes from, then technology is taking us in the wrong direction and I'd like to turn around immediately. I have no qualms stating that it is utterly impossible to not enjoy Owl City.

Rainbow Veins

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Adam!!
You're music is amazing.
<3

Sunday, October 19, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fanominal spectacular I'm doing my Agent of Change project on you and am getting your cd's for christmas.


Jake

Monday, November 17, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVEEEE owl city! &
i LOVEEEE Adam Young! &
i LOVEEEE his musicc!

Buttt... i cant get the CD's anywherreee =(

can u reccomend anywhere?
=)

Wednesday, February 04, 2009  
Blogger Dana said...

mm. CDBaby.com. That's where I got his albums.

Friday, February 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home