Friday, April 11, 2008

More First Names Than You Can Shake A Stick At


If Kyp Malone of TV on the Radio is going to go so far as to call you, "my favorite songwriter right now," then yes, I'm going to give you a listen. Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson is in such a position and I have to say, that sumbitch has put out what may damn well be my favorite single of the year thus far (and there's certainly been some good stuff by this point in 2008). I can't tell you the last time I found a track by which I was so enamored that I just keep hitting repeat on ye ol' iPod, but "Buriedfed" has caused me to embark on such a course. With help from Malone and various members of Grizzly Bear (Chris Taylor, Christopher Bear and Daniel Rosen), MBAR has put together a scorching track that shows hints of both of these kick ass bands, while retaining a sound all its own.

According to his bio, Mr. Robinson has led a rather trying life and those experiences shine through on this tale of woe and missed possibilities tinged with downright pathos and addiction. Damn, though, it makes for one hell of a ride.

The eponymous LP hits July 1 on the Say Hey Records label. If the rest of the thing holds a candle to this single, we could be looking at the dark horse contender for CD of the Year here, folks. And you heard it here first. Or maybe you heard it somewhere else first, but still. You get the point. Listen to this bad boy and thank me later.

Buriedfed

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home