Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bess Rogers Makes Decisions Based On Information


Aside from a solo career, Brooklyn’s Bess Rogers hangs around playing guitar for a few good women that you may have heard of. Jenny Owen Youngs? Ingrid Michaelson? Also, she plays bass and synth with the established Age of Rockets.

As surprised as I am that she had time to write, record and release the beautiful Decisions Based on Information, I’m even more surprised at how lovely it turned out. In the vein of Youngs and Michaelson, Rogers has no trouble standing on her own two feet. Part circus band, part indie pop, the music waltzes through the album, accompanied by a brief sarcasm and smooth vocals.

See Me, See You

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Joanna said...

I was lucky enough to see Ingrid Michaelson, Age of Rockets, Bess Rogers' solo project, and Allie Moss all perform together (with Jenny Owen Youngs standing next to me in attendance). They all backed each other up and reminding me just how wonderful music can be. Even Michaelson, who was certainly the headliner of the show, took a turn behind Bess Rogers. In any case, everything you say about Bess Rogers' CD is true, and you've featured the best track on the release. Thanks for spreading the love!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008  
Blogger Ashleigh said...

I missed out! I saw Ingrid with William Fitzsimmons and worshiped every second of it. Hopefully Bess will come back my way.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home