Friday, March 14, 2008

Return of the Flat Duo Jets


I've got to admit, I have a soft spot for rockabilly. Whether we're talking old schoolers like Carl Perkins, mid-schoolers like the Stray Cats or new kids on the block like Heavy Trash, that genre oozes swagger, attitude and makes me want to shake my tail feathers like nobody's business.

So, of course, I was pretty pumped when I received a few clips from Flat Duo Jets' "Two Headed Cow," the companion soundtrack to the 2006 documentary of the band's front man, Dexter Romweber. "THC" contains seventeen unreleased tracks (plus one bonus cut) recorded in 1986, ranging from early Flat Duo Jets favorites such as “My Life, My Love” and “Mexicali Baby” to cover tunes like The Collins Kids’ “Hoy Hoy” and Ray Charles’ “Mary Ann”.

I suggest slicking back your pompadour, busting out your leather jacket and tight jeans, popping out your blue suede shoes and enjoying these tracks from Flat Duo Jets.

Rockhouse
Rawhide

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Gargantuan Media said...

The man, his badmuthafuckinself, is coming to Northern KY 3/14. Tickets were 8 frickin' bucks.

I didn't know about the documentary - awesome.

Thursday, March 05, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home