Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Lisps


When I first listened to The Lisps, I thought about that tunnel scene in the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I’m not sure exactly why, but that sense of wicked amounts of fun flashed into my mind. To be fair, it might be because I started out with the nutty, “Chaos”, and then moved to their slower, yet equally as playful work. With looks towards Joanna Newsom and Kimya Dawson, singer Sammy Tunis’s vocals find ways to move with every song, both the specific and the fluid. If I was in the business of making up genres I would make up one called “Practiced Vaudeville” and I would name The Lisps reigning champions.

Catch their area national tour stops, in celebration of their debut full-length album, Country Doctor Museum:

2/29: The Red and The Black, Washington, DC w/ Vandaveer
3/01: John and Peters, New Hope, PA
4/04: Millcreek Tavern, Philadelphia, PA

Listen to a few tunes:
I'm Sorry
Heaven
Brackish Water

But most importantly, in the grand spirit of Election Fever, watch their video for "I’m Sorry":

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home