Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Root Of It All


Way back in 1994, I went to my first indie rock show. I was in high school and Mike (yes, the one that runs this site with me) and I went to see The Lemonheads at the local college. I believe that we took his mother's station wagon, but that isn't really the point. The point is, that is where it all started. The angst, the passion, the freedom... it all was let loose that day. I was an indie kid entering his prime. Almost 14 years later, I sit here writing about indie rock and without that show, it probably never would have happened. There were obviously many more to come, but that was the start. Ironically, The Lemonheads are back on the road and they'll be all over the region for the next few days. Tonight's Lancaster show even has The April Skies on the bill, which makes that the best lineup of the whole lot. Either way, you can see them as follows:

12/18/07: Chameleon Club, Lancaster, PA
12/19/07: Black Cat, Washington, DC
12/20/07: The Troc, Philadelphia, PA

The Lemonheads - Into Your Arms
The April Skies - My Love Is In This House

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home