Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Los Campesinos!

By: Grace deVille

The summer release of the latest EP from Los Campesinos! seemed to slip right past me until I stumbled upon it recently. I heard the song "We Throw Parties, You Throw Knives" and then I listened to it another five times, before I forced myself to listen to the next song. Moving through the rest of the album opened my eyes to the new ways that pop and punk can be combined. The exclamation point on the end of the band's name is aptly placed, as you come away almost exhausted just from listening to the songs. This UK band has done a great job of combining the best talents of each member to produce one of the most energetic releases I have heard this year. The album relies on quick beats with harmonizing vocals from many members to produce crazy pop songs with hints of '80s punk energy and guitar rifts.

We Throw Parties, You Throw Knives
You! Me! Dancing!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home