Friday, July 20, 2007

This Week's Music Mix

Since I am going away for the weekend, I won't be able to post my normal weekend mix. Instead of waiting until Monday to post it, I will post it today! I have been getting a lot of new music and listening to many different things, but these are all songs that I have playing on repeat on my mp3 player:
  1. Vampire Weekend - A-Punk
  2. The Vita Ruins - Godspeed To That Polytheist
  3. Sigur Ros and Mob Deep - Untitled Shook Ones (Emancipator Mash Up)
  4. Shout Out Louds - Tonight I Have To Leave It
  5. Iron and Wine - Boy With A Coin
  6. Zulu Pearls - Half Hearted
  7. Fields - Charming The Flames
  8. Film School - On & On
  9. Wild Sweet Orange - Ten Dead Dogs
  10. Ra Ra Riot - Each Year
  11. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Isis (Video Shown Below)<hype machine>


I have two local bands in there, The Vita Ruins and Zulu Pearls. The Vita Ruins played an amazing set last Friday at Black Cat and Zulu Pearls are having their CD Release Party this upcoming Tuesday at the Rock & Roll Hotel. I will definitely be attending this show and I highly recommend it! Enjoy the music and I will be back with a lot more next week.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger roopa said...

Just wanted to say hi! I loved your mix; it made being at work on Friday afternoon tolerable - actually, pleasant!

Isn't the new Iron & Wine lovely?

Sunday, July 22, 2007  
Blogger Joe said...

What's up with all of the sunglasses in the YYY video? It's hard to tell with the way that it was shot, but it appears to be indoors.

Sunday, July 22, 2007  
Blogger Chris said...

I was reading about it on pitchfork. It was a show in Brooklyn, their home area. I think that was shot for a dvd and all the people there were hardcore fans invited for the show.

Also thanks for the compliment charm city, look for another one coming up this week. Also, the Iron & Wine new release is really great, that song especially.

Monday, July 23, 2007  
Blogger peacecorn said...

With regard to #3, why did you chose to stutter the Sigor Ros vocals?

Simply curious because listening to it made me feel physically uncomfortable and I'm not certain if it was just that particular mix or my complete unfamiliarty with rap.

I really liked the rest of it though. Well done!

Friday, September 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home