Monday, March 19, 2007

IA Exclusive: The Jaguar Club


Brooklyn's The Jaguar Club has a lot going on. The band will not celebrate their first birthday until May, but they are preparing to release their second EP on April 7 and they will be playing all over the East Coast in the coming weeks. Locally, you can catch them as follows:

3/31/07: Velvet Lounge, DC
4/03/07: The Ottobar, Baltimore
4/19/07: DC9, DC



On Friday, I received a copy of Ceci n'est pas le Club de Jaguar (French for "This is not The Jaguar Club") and it shows definite growth from their debut EP. The songs are more danceable, the lyrics show more depth and the vocals have more range. The band continues to grow and I look forward to their future releases.

To top everything off, they asked me to premiere one of the new tracks and the new version of "This Year." I am proud to, because it's impossible to listen to "World Gone By" and remain completely stil. Take a listen to the tracks and let me know what you think.

World Gone By
This Year

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

songs sound awesome! thanks to TJC for the great music and thanks to Joe for the excellent post!

brian
FFHH

Monday, March 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your best scoop yet joe

Monday, March 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure I saw these guys open for Love of Diagrams in the city a week or two ago. I'm almost certain actually. If it was them, they are some next level shit and are going places.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home