Monday, March 05, 2007

Last Train Home


I know that I don't often venture into the world of country music. Frankly, most of it does not excite me. Every once in awhile, I am proven wrong. Recently, someone forwarded me "Last Good Kiss" from Nashville's Last Train Home. This song came out of nowhere, but I have to admit that this is one of the best songs that I have heard all year. It reminds me a lot of some of the more upbeat Chris Isaak songs from the mid-90's. Whatever it is, I can't stop listening to it. It's one of those somgs that is instantly familiar. It's not ground breaking, but it's catchy as hell. Take a listen and let me know what you think.

By the way, this band is originally from the DC area and released the new CD here in February. If you enjoy their music, check them out at IOTA on April 13.

Last Good Kiss

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty damned conventional stuff...

Tuesday, March 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That song rocks. And lyrically really interesting. It's worth digging deeper into the rest of the record, like for a song called Kissing Booth or one called Go Now that's one of the most moving songs I've heard in awhile. The record covers a lot of ground stylistically, that if you take the whole thing in, I be stunned if anyone would still call it conventional.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've listend a couple of times and am getting into that accordion part! I think rocking accordion like that isn't conventional at all. Wouldn't call it "country" either. Got a zydeco edge.... Just pretty cool music. got

Tuesday, March 06, 2007  
Blogger Aya Amurjuev said...

Fantastic!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After a few listens, I wouldn't say it's "conventional" at all. The musicianship on this song is superb, and it's a refreshing sound compared to what is out there.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meh. It has a dangle of potential... but it fails, imho.

Sunday, March 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home