Monday, February 05, 2007

Saturday @ Chameleon Club - Contest


I am sorry that the site has been so silent lately. I have been really busy, but I promise that things will get better very soon. As a matter of fact, I have come to make it up to you.

One of the things that has been taking up a lot of my time, is the show that I helped put together for this Saturday. It really is a great bill. Middle Distance Runner, Two if by Sea, The April Skies and Kheris are the bands. It is at the Chameleon Club in Lancaster, PA. The tickets are $6 in advance and $8 at the door. The main floor is over 21 and the balcony is all ages. Doors open @ 8 and the music starts at 8:30 or so.

For those of you who do not read the site regularly, let me give a little breakdown on the bands...

Two if by Sea is from Baltimore. They released Safety last fall and I have probably mentioned that CD half a dozen times since then. When I saw them in November, I was blown away. They are the loudest band on the bill, they play first and you do not want to miss them.

Middle Distance Runner has been mentioned on IA more than any other band. They are from DC and were the breakout band of 2006. Plane in Flames was one of the best CDs released last year and by the end of last year, everybody (Paste, KCRW, etc) was starting to give them love. They are the kind of band that makes the girls swoon, yet are also adored by the guys. Amazing live show. They will have people dancing. See them now, before they get big. Seriously...

Kheris is the hometown Lancaster band and they are the band that I am least familiar with. A couple weeks ago, Jake (from the April Skies) and I were putting together this bill and he sent me to see them. I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. This is a really good indie rock band. They put on a fine show and they have soul.

The April Skies are from Hershey, PA and they are the headliners. This band began in the late 80's. They were all over the place and played with bands like Ride and Lush. They went on hiatus in the late 90's and returned with a vengeance a few years ago. Last fall, they released How It All Played Out and it was the best release of their storied career. They are a south central PA institution and they will be returning to the stage that they have played so many times over the years. I have seen them many times and they always deliver.

For those who are not familiar with The Chameleon Club, it is THE historic venue in south central PA. More national bands have played there than I care to count. It is also the place that spawned the careers of bands like The Ocean Blue, Live and The Innocence Mission. The place is 10,000 square feet, with 3 floors and 5 bars. It is also an amazing place to see a show.

There you have it. I would really appreciate it if you supported us and original music. This bill is ridiculously good and if we can pull this off, you will be seeing many more of these shows. Tickets are only $6!! Send an e-mail if you are interested and we'll figure out how to get tickets to you. The venue is not very far from Philly and Baltimore, so please don't hesitate to road trip.

Now for the contest... Over the next few days, I will be giving away several pairs of tickets and various merchandise from bands on the bill. All you have to do is send me an e-mail with your name and location. Winners will be chosen at random and will be notified by Friday morning. Now enjoy some music...

Two if by Sea - White Zin On-Ice
Two if by Sea - All The Reasons To Leave
Two if by Sea - The Affair, Act II
Middle Distance Runner - Naturally
Middle Distance Runner - Man Of The People
Middle Distance Runner - That's A Lie
Middle Distance Runner - Out Of Here
The April Skies - My Love Is In This House
The April Skies - Here Comes The Rush
The April Skies - Unstoppable

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home