Sunday, November 05, 2006

Yeah, It Is THAT Day

Yeah, the rumors are true. Today is my birthday. Thanks to everyone that has wished me well. I was trying to figure out what the hell I wanted to do for my birthday post, then it kind of hit me. I wanted to do a mix of some type. I also have been wanting to do a mix of some of the best local music, so it seemed like a good fit. This mix includes bands from the Baltimore, Washington, and the southcentral Pennsylvania region. This is the whole region that I cover.

When talking about the areas with the best music scenes, we never get much of a mention. I think this mix shows the oversight. We really need to support these bands. While there are some different sounds going on here, all of these bands have been doing some great things. I know that there are plenty of other bands that deserve to be mentioned, but I ran out of room. If anybody on (or off) of this list would like to send me some new music or rarities for my birthday, you know how to reach me. There are definitely great bands from outside the region that I have dealt with too. I extend all of you the same offer. I hope to do more of these.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this mix as much as I do. You may know one or two of these bands, but most of them are probably new to you. Please, let me know what you think. These bands definitely deserve your attention.

Lake Trout - Shiny Wrapper- I first saw these Baltimore guys in the '90s. You may have heard of them.

Soft Complex - Barcelona
- A really good DC band.

Exit Clov - Violent Berries
- A recent discovery from DC.

Metal Hearts - Socialize
- One of the Baltimore bands getting national attention.

Paul Michel - Ghost
- A wonderful artist from DC.

Mouth Curved Moonlike - dreamsequence (demo)
- A really good Baltimore Band.

Monopoli - Hit and Run
-I learned of this DC band a couple of months ago.

The Payola Reserve - Lay In Wait
- This album and song will always remind me of traveling. Great stuff. One of Bmore's best.

The April Skies - Here Comes The Rush
- This song has been stuck in my head since they played it last night. Hershey, PA represent.

Telograph - Eye For An Eye
- Andy is one of the nicest guys. This is a solid DC band.

Squaaks - Never Be Mine
- An under the radar Baltimore band.

Middle Distance Runner
- Man Of The People
- Wow, I love these guys. A DC band with a solid album, great live show and unique sense of humor.

AVECduet - Chase Adam
- Half of Baltimore's AVEC. I caught them in August and they have a very solid live show.

The Seldon Plan - Making Circles
-I discovered them about a month ago.

Faster Faster Harder Harder - Smith Vs. Savage
-You should already know what I think about these guys. A very solid Baltimore band and the nicest of gentlemen.

These United States - The Business
- A really good DC band.

The Hard Tomorrows - Glossy Eyed Sweetheart (expired)- Another solid band from DC that I discovered in the spring.

Two If By Sea - White Zin On-Ice
- A Baltimore band with a strong future. I'm proud to have worked with them.

Cedars - This Century
- Yet another great DC band.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

Sunday, November 05, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

happy birthday man. thanks for including us. see you at the talking head!

Monday, November 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta start off with Lake Trout! Nice one. One possible oversight: Animal Collective. Happy birthday!

Monday, November 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MDR wishes you a HBD!

Monday, November 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home