Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Not So New Release Tuesday: The Crow Soundtrack


It's Halloween and I can't think of a better album to cover for Not So New Release Tuesday, than the soundtrack to one of the best Halloween type movies of all time. It was 1994 and I was a senior in High School. This crazy movie came out, called The Crow. Mike and I saw what was on the soundtrack and we had to get it. I only had a tape player in the Spedwagon (my infamous High School car), so we copied it to a tape that was permenantly lodged in the car radio for like 6 months. There are so many songs that I could pick from this album, but I am going to go with four of my favorites.

The Cure - Burn
Nine Inch Nails - Dead Souls (Joy Division cover)
Rollins Band - Ghostrider (Suicide cover)
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Snakedriver

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good call! The Crow was a wicked soundtrack. A perfect imprint of the rock scene at the time.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a rainy sunday, months after you posted this. I put the cure in the hype machine for some background. Thank you for posting this song. I lost my crow soundtrack ages ago and had forgotten this song. After Primary this was my favorite Cure song. Snubbed on all the hits packages. Dump the Hanging Garden or Catapillar Girl... this song is what the cure was about. Shimmery guitars/vocals with tons of atmosphere and listen to those drums... Oh man. Thank you for the reminder... I will purchase this song again.

Sunday, April 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home