Monday, October 23, 2006

Cobra Kai


Sometimes, you stumble upon a band. There are other times, when a band finds you. In the case of Cobra Kai, another band told me about them. After hearing about them a couple of times, I checked them out and I was very glad that I did.

Cobra Kai is is a duo from Oslo, Norway. They are two grad students who rock on the side. The band has a very raw sound. Morten plays guitar and sings lead vocals. Marianne is the drummer and backing vocalist. While they don't have a large body of work (4 songs clocking in at 12:35), Wax On, Wax Off, Girl is a very intriguing release. It shows a lot of potential and makes me excited to hear the debut full length, which they plan to have out early next year. Check out a couple of tracks and let me know what you think. If you haven't already figured out what I think, Running Away From is currently the profile song on my personal myspace.

Cobra Kai - Running Away From
Cobra Kai - Girl

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm digging it. Karate Kid references, rock and roll, I like that.

Monday, October 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home