Tuesday, August 08, 2006

This Week in Austin

For those who didn't get the memo, Mike picked the week after we went live to go to Wisconsin on vacation. I will be covering Austin this week. This should be interesting (covering a city ~1600 miles away that I have visited once), but I'm game.


Tonight at Stubb's is NYC's Dirty on Purpose with locals Loxsly. Thursday night, Stubb's presents one of my favorite bands from across the pond, Bloc Party.


Tonight at Emo's is British Columbia's Ladyhawk. On Thursday night, they have a power pop show oustide featuring Matt Sharp's The Rentals with fellow Californians Ozma and locals Cruiserweight. On Friday they have Rhode Island's Sage Francis kicking it outside.


La Zona Rosa brings you the always popular Eels on Wednesday night.

For those of you who like your singer songwriters, Gran Bel Fisher will be in town Friday at Waterloo Records and Monday at Antone's.

Well, that is my romp through Austin. If anybody from Austin is reading this and laughing, please let me know what I missed. To make up for my ineptitude, sample mp3's are included below. Your regular Austin correspondent will be back next week. Until then, keep kicking it live.

Dirty On Purpose - Your Summer Dress
Loxsly - Card Gauge (follow link)
Bloc Pary - Blue Light
Ladyhawk - The Dugout (follow link)
The Rentals - We Have a Technical (follow link)
Ozma - Wake Up (follow link)
Cruiserweight - Goodbye Daily Sadness
Sage Francis - The Cure (follow link)
Eels - Novocaine For The Soul
Gran Bel Fisher - Edible (follow link)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home