Friday, August 25, 2006

Nightcrawling Till The Sun Turns Black

Next Tuesday has two pretty big releases from American singer/songwriters. They are Pete Yorn's Nightcrawler and Ray Lamontagne's Till The Sun Turns Black.



The new Pete Yorn disc is his third studio album and it is the completion of his Morning (musicforthemorningafter, 2001)/Day (Day I Forgot, 2003)/Night (Nightcrawler, 2006) trilogy. Yorn says "When you hear it, you'll understand. This could be the last one. I could be three records and out in this form. I might start a band and see where that takes me." If it is half as good as musicforthemorningafter, he should be fine. I listened to that album for a year straight.


Ray Lamontagne is following up 2004's Trouble. I heard a lot of these songs when I saw him live last month. They sound like a natural progression from his first disc. He is not making any major musical breakthroughs, but with him it has always been about the lyrics anyway. On a side note, Ray did a lot of work before Trouble. His early albums a demos are available here.

Pete Yorn - For Us
Ray Lamontagne - Three More Days
Ray Lamontagne - Empty (Live from Bonnaroo)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home