Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Little Out of the Ordinary


As most of you know, I am not much of a hip hop guy. With that being said, I have to tell you about something that I have become aware of. On Friday night, there is a show at Supreme Imperial in Baltimore that I feel is worth checking out. Including DJ's, there will be 8 acts performing for $5. I want to talk about 3 of them.

Unsung and Witness are 2 hip hop acts from Pennsylvania. While I may not be big on hip hop, this is good shit. They have both have laid back vocals over jazz grooves and it's just pleasant to listen to. Extortion Labs are a group from Vienna, VA that I'm not even sure how to describe. They are not hip hop, yet they fit perfectly with the other 2 groups. I will post a song from each of them so that you can hear what I am talking about. If you agree with me, check out their sites and their show on Friday.

Witness - Sylvia Plath
Unsung - Head Coma
Extortion Labs - cycle96

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home