Saturday, August 12, 2006

Halftime Entertainment: Catherine Wheel


We are about half way through Acoustic ACL Weekend, so I felt that it was definitely time to change it up a little. Our halftime show is not acoustic, nor is it from a band playing ACL. This band actually is extinct, but their music lives on. It is time for Catherine Wheel. To this day, they put on one of the best shows that I have ever seen. They had a stadium of 30,000+ Americans going nuts and the pit... out of control. They were definitely one of the most underrated bands of the 1990's.

This set is from the BBC and was recorded August 9, 1995. If I am correct, that was about a month after they blew Mike and I away. The best chance you have of hearing them now is through Rob Dickinson. For those uninitiated, let me know what you think.

Catherine Wheel - God Inside My Head
Catherine Wheel - Crank
Catherine Wheel - Judy Staring At The Sun
Catherine Wheel - Heal
Catherine Wheel - I Want To Touch You
Catherine Wheel - Way Down
Catherine Wheel - Black Metallic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home