Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Cleaning Up The Harddrive Part 1

As promised earlier, I am compiling some stuff that I have enjoyed long before my great adventure in to blogland or before I even knew that music blogs existed. This is going to end up being several posts. I am going to start pretty mellow. This first group is filled with singer/songwriters. Let me know who you like, so I can devote more time to them in the future.

Alexi Murdoch - Breathe
I first discovered Alexi Murdoch right after four songs was released on CD Baby. I'm thinking it was late '02 or early '03. Long after that, I began to hear his music all over television and movies. Earlier this year, he finally released his debut full length, Time Without Consequence. This is one of my favorites from that disc.

David Ford - State of the Union
I stumbled upon David Ford earlier this year and immediately became a fan. This is off of I Sincerely Apologise For All The Trouble I've Caused. I posted the video last weekend. If you haven't watched it yet, give it a try. It's amazing to see how he composes this by himself.

David Mead - Hallelujah, I Was Wrong
Like David Ford, I stumbled upon David Mead earlier this year. This song is off of his latest, Tangerine.

Grant-Lee Phillips - Age of Consent
I first listened to Grant-Lee Phillips when I saw his old band open for R.E.M. in the mid 1990's. His new disc is full of covers of his favorite songs form the 80's. This is a great New Order cover.

Josh Ritter - Wolves
Josh Ritter's new album Animals is on my short list of contenders for best album of the year. Yeah, it is that good.

Josh Rouse - Middle School Frown
I discovered Josh Rouse about 2 years ago. This is off of his 2005 release, Nashville. He makes some pretty good music.

Sorry that doesn't look as kick ass as I had hoped. I am really busy today and don't really have the time to add pictures. Between that and server issues, it may take me longer to post all of these than I had hoped. Stay with me, I will get to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home